Quick Links
Skip to main content Skip to navigation
 
default masthead image tranparent rotator image

Home > breadcrumbs: Information About OSAC >

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

 

Our History

 

 

The Oklahoma Schools Advisory Councill was formed in March, 1980, under the Oklahoma Interlocal Cooperative Act   (74 O.S. Supp. 1970, Section 1001 ect. Seq.).  Prior to 1980, the Council was the Educational Planning Section of the Eastern Oklahoma Development District, (EODD), but was never provided adequate and qualified staff to fully meet the potential expected of the Council.

More than forty school districts in the original seven county EODD region were charter member schools in the creation of the Council.  By January 1, 2001, the Council membership had grown to include 190 public education school districts, technology centers, colleges and universities.  Membership has always been open to any interested educational entity or individuals in Oklahoma. 

In 1987, the Council recognized the need for improvement in school district cost accounting.  A series of ten workshops on cost accounting, sponsored by the Council, led to the development and implementation by the Oklahoma State Department of Education of  The New Oklahoma Cost Accounting System, OCAS.  All Oklahoma Public Schools were on the OCAS system beginning July 1, 1991. 

The Schools Advisory Council has grown to include 270 members, and offers to State Legislators and our U.S. Congressional delegation information on a variety of educational issues.  The Council makes every effort to provide complete and accurate information to assist legislators

Sub Navigation

Top

footer imagetranparent footer image

Oklahoma Schools Advisory Council2403 North 41st Street EastMuskogee, OK  74403

PH: 918-687-0597Fax: 866-887-9686

Back To Top