Quick Links

default masthead image tranparent rotator image

Home > breadcrumbs: Register for Upcoming Events >

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

School Security and Safety Training

September 19

School Security and Safety Training

Presented by:

Office of School Safety and Security

Oklahoma State Department of Education

Members who could not attend the August 13 session requested a repeat, and the SDE agreed!

Following the OSAC Monthly Meeting!

Logistics:

September 19, 2019

12:30 - 3:30

ICTC Muskogee - Brackeen Center

2403 N 41 Street East

Muskogee, OK 74403

Target Audience:

District Administrators and Safety/Security Coordinators

Purpose:

District administrators, teachers, support staff, and students across the state are faced with many difficult decisions in an ever-changing dangerous environment. New products and services are driving a multi-billion-dollar industry. Sound guidance and best strategies are more important than ever before as we work to protect Oklahoma's most precious resource.

Goal:

OSDE's Office of School Safety and Security believes in connecting your school district with the tools and resources that are most applicable to your unique community. A personalized approach with customer service driven objectives allows our specialists and partnering agencies to develop relationships centered around open lines of communication.

Learn about the new RAVE panic button app that uses geo-fencing technology. With one touch of a button, it will automatically call 911 and alert all staff of an emergency!

AGENDA

Introductions - Jon Parker, OSDE

"Preparing for Emergencies: What Teachers Need to Know" - Steve Lynch, OSDE

What skills do school staff need to prepare, mitigate and respond to emergencies-before, during and after? This session will detail how district administrators can train teachers to be prepared.

RAVE App - Wes Adams, RAVE Project Manager

OSDE is offering the RAVE mobile safety panic button to every public school district in the state at no cost. Rave Panic Button is an alert system that provides notification to school-based staff, Police, Fire and EMS First Responders and 911. The Rave Panic Button app delivers critical response data to 911 and First Responders, giving them tools to coordinate a faster and more effective response to schools. Administrators and school-based employees will be notified when an emergency incident requiring a public safety response occurs in the school. A school representative will maintain the panic button profile to ensure the right individuals are alerted at the right time.

Options Based Training - Cindy Swearingen, OSDE

Situational awareness to best respond to school emergencies. Options may include lockdown, barricade, evacuate and more. Also, we will discuss the psychological trauma these high stakes trainings are having on staff, students and parents.

Q & A

Cost:

FREE for pre-registered OSAC members

$25.00 for on site registration and non-members

Lunch is included

Register Now

Cancellation Policy:

Since meals, presenters, training materials, and other costs are pre-paid by OSAC, please provide notice of cancellation at least 4 days prior to any OSAC event you are registered to attend. Your district will not be charged for cancellations made within 4 days of the event. Cancellations within 48 hours of an OSAC event will be charged at half price. No-shows will be charged at full price. Thank you for understanding!

Sub Navigation

Top

footer imagetranparent footer image

Oklahoma Schools Advisory Council2403 North 41st Street EastMuskogee, OK  74403

PH: 918-687-0597Fax: 866-887-9686

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Back To Top